In May 2019 SRJ Technologies (ASX:SRJ) contracted Spoke to manage its reputation and profile. The company was completing an IPO on the ASX, and needed a firm that specialised in investor relations, marketing and media, that had offices in both Perth and Sydney.
The remit was to partner with the CEO and management team to create a sustainable newsflow program, secure national and targeted publicity, and provide expertise to manage communications with shareholders, the investor markets and customers operating in oil and gas.
Spoke worked with SRJ Technologies to create a monthly program that integrated specific marketing tactics – shareholder eNews, contemporary designed investor deck, newsflow report, media briefings, content plans for social networks, news copywriting of all media release – and then ASX material based releases once listed. These tactics were supported with a dedicated project team of three media and marketing professionals that provided ongoing strategic communications counsel throughout.
- Oversubscribed pre-IPO funding raise of A$8m
- Opened trading at 50 cents and rose approximately 60 per cent on day one, peaking at 83 cents
- Secured strategic investment from Japanese infrastructure giant Mitsui & Co; as well as former MotoGP world champion Mick Doohan
- Interviews with Brad Thompson, Australian Financial review, and well renowned and senior financial journalist Alan Kohler, Eureka Report
- Brand association achieved with major global partners leveraging SRJ network and explores commercial opportunities among the energy, chemicals, mining
and metals sector more broadly
- Leveraged national footprint – onsite photo shoot conducted in Sydney outside the ASX building on Bridge Street – photos used widely by all media
- Targeted national and global coverage that significantly increased brand awareness, driving interest to generate more sales and contract inquiries.
- The Australian; Australian Financial News, The West Australian; Energy News Bulletin; Stockhead; WA Business News; AusBiz TV; Sydney Morning Herald; Small Caps; Oil & Gas Australia; and the Eureka Report
Total combined audience: 200m+